Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Flamingo on Water

 

Flamingos are so fun to paint... bold and colorful and swish-y, so I've painted several over the years.  This is actually the second time I've painted this guy... but... The last one was really huge, 16"x 16", and this one is really tiny, 6"x 6".

 I've been thinking about what I want to do creatively in 2021.  I know that if I write my thoughts down like a to-do list, that will make them real goals instead of just fleeting ideas. One of those ideas (which is about to become a goal since I'm putting it in writing) is to paint more small paintings, ones in which I practice putting a stroke of paint down in the right place, leaving it alone, and moving along. I need to play with paint more. That's what I tried to do with this one.

Original Oil Painting on 6"x 6" Canvas Board
[GIFT]
Click Flamingo on Blue if you'd like to see the bigger one.

4 comments:

  1. What's the largest painting you've done? I would think flamingos would be a challenge with the curvy lines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm... I'm thinking that 30"x 40" is the biggest I've done. The tricky part about big ones is when working on one side making sure it matches the other side!

      Delete
  2. Oh I think you captured the water perfectly! Flamingo ain’t half bad either LOL. Some goals have been bubbling around in my head too for next year...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. You are always so good to claim your goals, write them out, and hold yourself accountable.

      Delete