Sunday, November 22, 2020

Sunflower Bouquet (Palette Knife)


I was in the mood to play with paint, and this felt like a good image for doing that.  
The only materials I used, were  palette knives and a cheap beginner's oil paint set because I wanted to let myself be lavish with the amount of paint I applied each time I laid it down on the canvas.

True, sunflowers aren't exactly in season right now.  That's okay.  I used so much paint, it may be next summer before it's completely dry!  Mmmm.... I can't wait until it does dry so I can run my fingers across the texture of the paint on the canvas.  And, yes, whenever I'm in an art museum, I have to remind myself not to touch!

What fun!  How long did it take? Oh, a little more than one football game. (Go Hogs! Woo Pig Sooie! Well, they lost, but we're loyal anyway.)

It was also fun to revisit a reference photo that I'd painted ten years ago.  

In 2010 I wrote, "A flower is just more beautiful if you put the seed in the ground yourself, watered the sprout, kept the weeds away, and noticed the first bloom."

Very true. I love that.



Original Oil Painting on 9"x 12" Wrapped Canvas
[SOLD]

2 comments:

  1. This is definitely a keeper! I've never used palette knives for painting, but it looks like fun. I love the texture it creates!

    ReplyDelete