Saturday, January 2, 2021

House of Blues


The story of a mama's life...
Whether it's a bluebird or a tiger, a fox or a human, mama's have to keep the babies happy, dry, and fed. And, sometimes those babies aren't so patient while waiting.

Thank you to Tom of Piks of the Day, and Stuff! for letting me use his beautiful bluebird photos as reference for this painting.  Click the link and spend some time looking around. His photographs are amazing, kind of like flipping through a National Geographic only without the articles.

This week's art challenge  was "Flight." After searching through my reference photo folders, and almost giving up and deciding to paint a "flight" of stairs, I thought of Tom's blog. He's allowed me to use his photos before, and I knew he had many with birds in flight.  That's where I found this sweet little bluebird in a series of photos he called "Food Delivery."

Original Oil Painting on 8"x 8" Wrapped Canvas
Click House of Blues if you'd like to purchase this little painting.

2 comments:

  1. I rarely see bluebirds around here. I think we have them but they are pretty elusive. Another nice painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They say that if you get one of those little bluebird houses with the right size of hole, they'll come make a nest there. Maybe I need to get one.

      Delete