Friday, January 29, 2021

Orange Zest


I had a double art challenge this week.  The challenge was to incorporate texture as well as radiating lines.  Citrus slices would meet the challenge, and I don't think I use my orange paints often enough.  Orange is such a happy and energetic color, and I love the way the complements of orange and blue work together.

This was actually my second attempt.  The first one was a nighttime scene of a Ferris wheel and fireworks done with a palette knife. It was the perfect idea for texture and radiating lines! And, working with bright colors on a black canvas was so much fun.  Once it was finished, I could not stop looking at it. I think I was trying to decide if it was so loose and painterly that I should be proud of branching out... or if it was just plain tacky.  After a couple of days, I realized the truth... It was just plain tacky.  So... sadly, the lights went out on the carnival scene, and that canvas is now black once again.  The orange slices are much more "me."

Original Oil Painting on 6"x 8" Wrapped Canvas
To purchase this little painting, just click Orange Zest! 

2 comments:

  1. Always fun to see your challenges, and you know I love orange!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what? I was thinking of you when I was writing about using orange!

      Delete