Friday, January 8, 2021

Nurturing a Love of Books


It's obvious that she's special to this little one. She's special to so many others too.  You see, back when I took my little ones to the public library every week, she was always there behind the desk with a book and a smile.

I was asked to paint her with her grandson and was given several reference photos to choose from.  Once I saw the one with her reading to him, I didn't need to look any further.

Original Oil Painting on 12"x 12" Wrapped Canvas
[SOLD]

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to share memories. I have fond memories of being read to, and then reading to my kids and nephews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only every child was read to on a regular basis... Good for the little one and good for the one who loves them.

      Delete
    2. Helen, thank you for once again adding joy to the difficult legacy of 2020. The treasured friend and her grandson loved this painting, and so do I. This is the third time since the pandemic began that I’ve sent love via a “Helen Painting!” Thank you! More to come in 2021!

      Delete
    3. What a pleasure and honor to get to do them! I'm so glad she was pleased.

      Delete