Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Fanciful Spring Landscape

This one makes me think I'm walking straight into a scene where there might be some unicorns grazing just on the other side of that rise.

I painted this for my weekly painting challenge.  The theme was "Spring Landscape."  Why do I never paint spring landscapes?  I did some counting and a little math. I've done a little over a hundred paintings that could fit into the category of landscape.  I discovered that I have not treated my seasons equally!   
This is what I found:
Summer: 50%
Autumn:  45%
Winter:    10%
Spring:     5%

What?  How did that happen?  I need to keep my camera handy in the coming months and take some pretty spring landscape reference photos.

Thanks to Thanks to Paint with Shiba for a great YouTube tutorial. 

Oil Painting on 11"x 14" Wrapped Canvas.
If you'd like to purchase this painting, click Fanciful Spring Landscape.

6 comments:

  1. So a little word association apparently came to mind. You said unicorns, and I immediately started think singing "and there were green alligators, and long necked geese, some humpy back camels and some chimpanzees . . ." - LOL. Maybe Spring doesn't get as many paintings because you are busy with outdoor things?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, you got me. I'd never heard of such a thing as you wrote. I Googled it, and lo and behold.. It's catchy little little song! You learn something new every day!

      Delete
    2. Helen....where have you been? The Irish Rovers made that song famous in 1967! (maybe you were too young...lol)

      Delete
    3. Well, I was 3 in 1967, and I don't think the country radio station in my little town played much Irish Rovers... Maybe if Johnny Cash had sung it...
      I promise that I Googled it and listened to ALL of the verses!

      Delete
  2. Lovely painting! Spring is a glorious season and I'm really looking forward to it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more... Spring IS a glorious season!

      Delete