Monday, February 8, 2021

Tools of the Trade

 

I've heard the "old timers" (people who've farmed and gardened for their whole long lives) say that the day to start thinking about and planning the garden work is Groundhog's Day (February 2nd).  I'm not sure that working on a painting of gardening tools counts, but I did work on it on Groundhog's Day. 

Since I'm too lazy to start my plants from seeds in the house
Since I prefer to purchase my plants after they're ready to put in the ground, I give myself a few extra weeks before putting gardening on my mind.

The "old timers" also say not to put anything in the ground until Tax Day (April 15th) if it can't tolerate a freeze.  I will be ready to plant on Tax Day!

This week's painting challenge was "Tools of the Trade."  I first thought of painting supplies, or writing utensils, or kitchen equipment.  But, since it was Groundhog's Day when sat down to the canvas, gardening tools seemed appropriate.

Original Oil Painting on 6"x12" Wrapped Canvas
Click Tools of the Trade if you'd like to purchase this little painting. (Until that happens, I sure am going to enjoy having this one on my own wall.)

2 comments:

  1. No planting for us in Nova Scotia until the end of May....but you can bet I'll be out in the garden long before then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it's so cold out, it's hard to even remember what it's like to go out without a jacket, much less walking barefoot to the garden!

      Delete