Saturday, November 13, 2021

Poppies (Palette Knife)

I don’t know much about poppies.  I’ve never grown a poppy, and I’m really not sure I’ve ever seen one growing.  I know the poppies in The Wizard of Oz almost put Dorothy to sleep, and I know that opium somehow comes from poppies.  Those aren’t very positive, but I recently learned that poppies are a symbol for remembering fallen soldiers. That’s good to know. 
I do think they’re beautiful flowers, but my favorite kind is spelled a different way… My four (five soon) grandkids are so lucky to have my Ron for their Pop-E.

I do love the way this poppy painting turned out.  I'm going to enjoy it on my wall until someone decides they need it for their own. I painted them in response to Sara's beautiful poppy portrait photograph on November's Inspiration Collaboration.
Original Palette Knife Oil Painting on 8"x 16" Wrapped Canvas
Click Poppies if you'd like to purchase this painting. 

2 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful painting, Helen. Fun to see you two with the grands (they have such cute smiles!) :-D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendy. Next time there should be another or two on our laps!

      Delete