Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Winter Cardinal (Palette Knife)

 

I've been thinking about the beginning of Inspiration Collaboration and the closing of it at the end of this year. 

There was an idea... Sara wrote, "... it would challenge me to get out of my comfort zone... get my brain working in different ways."  I replied, "I've had a restless feeling that it's time for something new... different... challenging..." 

72 hours and countless e-mails later, our idea had a name, a blog, an Instagram account, a Pinterest board, and participants were invited. 

In the last 24 months, I have indeed been challenged to think and create outside my comfort zone.  I know I've grown as a painter, writer, and friend because of my work with Inspiration Collaboration.  

My first inspiration image was SnowCardinal.  Winter Cardinal brings me full-circle as my last inspiration image.

I was prompted to do this cardinal painting for my weekly-ish painting challenge with my art mentor/friend.  The topic was "Winter Scenes & Winter Things."

Thanks to Annie Troe for her very helpful YouTube lesson.


Palette Knife Painting on 8"x 8" Wrapped Canvas
[GIFT]

4 comments:

  1. I'm sad to see Inspiration Collaboration end, it's been such fun to see what inspired you two. I learned from both of you to look at an object in different ways for inspiration. Thanks for sharing all of your talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've loved it. Now... I wonder what the next artistic adventure will be!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks. I give credit to a really good YouTube lesson for this one.

      Delete