Sunday, June 26, 2022

Guard in the Garden

Guard in the Garden
Or Guarding the Garden
Or as I would say it, Guardin' th' Garden

I don't think of myself as having any accent at all.  Some (as in everyone) would say that I do.  I'm going back home this weekend for my 40th class reunion.  (How did 4 decades slip by so quickly?) My husband says he'll be listening to see how long it takes for me to slip back into my accent.  Oh, I may have been away for a long time, but I can drop my -ings, flatten my i sounds, make two syllables out of the a sound, and slide right back into that drawl without even realizing it.

I know this is a whimsical painting, but before it's judged too harshly for proportions being off with the cabbages too big.  Let me just bring up a photo from the cabbages my sister and I grew a few years ago.

My friend and art mentor, Cheri, and I took several months off from our weekly-ish art challenge, but she decided it was time to start again.  Her word for me was "garden"... or did she say "guardin' "... Hmmm... 

Original Oil Painting on 8"x 10" Wrapped Canvas
Click Guard in the Garden if you'd like to purchase this little painting.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm glad you two are taking up the challenges again. I'll look forward to see what you are creating! Those are some huge cabbages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what challenges she'll throw my way! I'll be up for them! As for the cabbages... We've no idea why they were so gigantic that year!

      Delete