Saturday, June 18, 2022

Poppy Field (Palette Knife)

 
I painted some poppies a few months ago, and as I was doing so, I realized that I don't think I'd ever actually seen any poppies growing.  Since then, I have! And, of course, I loved them! 

Our city has beautiful flower beds around The Square. The beds on the corners were filled with pretty red poppies a couple of weeks ago.

There's always so much to see/hear/taste/smell when you visit The Farmers' Market on The Square.  Fresh fruits and vegetables... flowers... someone wanting a signature on his petition... musicians... someone wanting your vote... pets from the animal shelter that need homes... well-behaved dogs (which means we never take ours)... craftsmen and artisans... friends...

I had two favorites today.  One was a kid who called out to me. "Do you want to hear a joke or see a magic trick?"  I said I'd like the joke.  "What to you call an angry teapot?" Tell me. "Steamed!"  Ha ha. Ok. Not sure how much the joke was worth, but his courage to take up a post and ask with a grin was worth a dollar in his hat. 
My other favorite was this band. Who would have ever thought one old guy singing into a megaphone, his buddy on the banjo, and his other buddy on a marching tuba would be so fun to listen to!  I hope their open instrument case was filled with dollar bills by noon.

Original Oil Painting on 11"x 14" Wrapped Canvas
[SOLD]

5 comments:

  1. You know your photos of the square remind me so much of squares like that in every village in France as well as in Mérida Mexico. Love that, give such a sense of community. Your painting is also very beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's so much more than fruit stands and tables of vegetables at a town's farmers' market!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Oh, that poppy painting looks great! Fun to see the photos of your stroll around the square. It looks festive and fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's always so much more than a place to get fresh food on The Square, it's an event.

      Delete