Saturday, June 11, 2022

Sante Fe Doorstep (Palette Knife)

We visited Santé Fe recently. We found it to be very tan. Very tan... The buildings were tan... The ground was tan... The food was kind of tan... The people were tan... The plants were mostly tan... If I had to sum up the trip with one word, tan would be the word. It's not a bad thing... Just a tan thing.

Besides all the tan there were pops of beautiful turquoise. So much turquoise! Turquoise jewelry... turquoise clay pots... turquoise shutters... turquoise doors... turquoise in silver.

I don't know when I've ever taken so few photos on a trip as this one.  But when I got home and scrolled trough all the photos that I did take, nearly all of them were of colorful doorsteps, window boxes, and pretty front porches. Apparently, May is also the month of lilacs in Santé Fe. I did take lots of great photos of lilacs. Maybe some of them will end up in a painting one of these days.


Original Oil Painting on 8"x 10" Wrapped Canvas
[SOLD]

4 comments:

  1. Someday when I get back to Santa Fe, I'm going to do a photo study of doors, and windows, and shadows. While I see a lot of neutral colors, my mind goes to all the colorful doors and flowers. It's a colorful city, in many different ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember a lot of tan in Santa Fe too. Fortunately, there are also pops of bright colors everywhere. I think I also came home with lots of door and gate photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe all those colorful doors, shutters, and pots are able to pop so brightly because of all the tan. It is a beautiful city in its own special way.

      Delete