Saturday, October 15, 2022

Teddy Bear

It might just look like a plain old painting of a teddy bear, but there's something special about it. This is my very first ever watercolor painting.  Now, it's also very possible that it will be my only watercolor painting ever. We'll see.

I never ever... (Just to be crystal clear, let me add a couple more.) ever, ever, ever imagined I'd give watercolor painting a try.  I was certain that it was not for me and that there was no reason I should even attempt it.

The afternoon before my Life Book 2023 - Taster Session class began, I literally had this conversation with my husband.  "I need to go to Hobby Lobby.  I want to get some sort of little art journal booklet to keep up with whatever I do for this class.  I'm going to make myself not be a snob and do every single one of the lessons.  And, I'm making a choice to have a good attitude about every one of them no matter... how dumb I think it's going to be.  I should probably get a set of watercolors too.  From the preview note, it looks like I'll need to have a set for some of the lessons.  I'll just see what's the cheapest set they have and get that."

Wow... how about that fine attitude! 
I had no idea what creative spaces I was about to head into.

And, now... Well, my thinking has been altered... a lot.... I did a watercolor painting!

My weekly-ish art challenge (that I was given before nearly three weeks ago) was "In the Nursery. I think this little teddy bear would be very sweet in some little one's nursery.

**Thanks to Yong Chen Art for a the great YouTube tutorial that helped me through this teddy bear painting.

Watercolor painting on 9"x 12" Watercolor Paper.
It will probably be for sale at some point. I'll have to figure out how to do that with a watercolor piece.  Contact me if you're interested.

6 comments:

  1. That's a pretty amazing for a first piece! I look forward to seeing what else you create from the "cheapest set they have". :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Thanks. I guess it's not just kids and teenagers who sometimes need attitude adjustments.

      Delete
  2. Funny how things play out when we think we have our plans made and ordered, yes? I recall a conversation with my mother, telling her what kind of guy I would never marry. She replied, "never say never" - and had quite the chuckle on my wedding day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I'm guessing you married the kind of guy you'd never marry.

      Delete
  3. Are there more watercolour paintings in your future? You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We'll just have to see. I'm letting all the new things I've tried (through the Life Book Taster class) settle and sort out in my brain.

      Delete