Friday, December 2, 2022

Who moved into the new coop? Who laid the first egg?

So... How did the game of "Who will take make the new coop their home" turn out?
Click HERE if you need a reminder.
Here's how it worked out...
  • 1st Night - 
    • Nobody would go into the new coop, the Aunt House.
    • Dominique and the babies stayed in the big Sister House.
    • The other 7 huddled in the little Cousin House.
  • 2nd Night 
    • Eleanor went into the Aunt House happily.  No one else would go near it.
      • I caught Twinkle and Pauline and put them in there too.  
      • They were not happy about it.
    • Dominique and the babies stayed in the big Sister House.
    • Everybody else stayed in the little Cousin House.
  • 3rd Night 
    • Eleanor went in the Aunt House happily.  No one joined her.  She was glad.
    • Dommi and the babies stayed in the big Sister House.
    • The other 6  huddled in the little Cousin House glaring at me as if I was Voldemort. 
  • 4th Night 
    • Eleanor had the new Aunt House to herself again.
    • Everyone else stayed in the same places as before.
  • 5th Night 
    • Dominique decided that she and her babies would take over the new Aunt House.
    • The 4 big hens took the big Sister House (Eleanor, Pip, Pauline, Twinkle)
    • The 3 young ones stayed in the little Cousin House (Peanut, Fancy-like, Foxy)
  • 6th Night
    •  Dommi and the babies went back into the new coop as if it was, of course, built for them.
    • The 4 big hens went right back too the Sister House as if it was, of course, their choice all along.
    • The 3 young hens ran around nervous as to why no one wanted to stay with them in the little Cousin House any more, but they eventually went in where it had always been their home.


I think that's probably how it's going to stay.
It's not what I expected, but it's a good arrangement.

There's only been one egg laid in the new coop.  And it was.... Blue/Green!
Twinkle... Sweet little thing... She was not happy about the one night I made her go in the new coop, but she laid her pretty little blue-green egg anyway.
Since Dominique has taken over, I doubt another egg will get laid in there until the babies are bigger and she starts laying again.

Now...
It's quite obvious that I do not know how to run a blog guess-for-a-prize game since there's not clear way to declare a winner... Clearly I did not think this through... Oh, well, if you guessed at least something right😁, you're a winner!  I'll contact you about which little painting I can send  you. 
  • Tina
    • Dominique😁 Eleanor😁thenX Twinkle
    • light brownX green😁
  • Wendy
    • PaulaX  PipX  Peanut
    • blue😁  light brownX  green😁
  • Linda
    • FoxyX Fancy-likeX PeanutX
    • No eggsX
  • Nelvia
    • Dominique😁
    • light brownX
  • Julie
    • FoxyX FancyX PeanutX 
Tina, Wendy, & Nelvia,
I'll be contacting you about which little mini painting you'd like.

6 comments:

  1. What a fun post! Interesting to read how the chickens took to, or didn't, to the new coop! And I won something - yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Twinkle! Γ€ propos for the season I say ;-) I had planned to enter, but read it as I usually do, in my inbox, and duh, forgot to come here to comment. Glad to know one of the winners! I love how they muddled it through to the final homes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOLOLOL!! What a hoot! And geez look at all the red "x" I have on my guesses. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha! A hoot is right! I better think it through better if I ever have a blog game again! Also... yes, the chickens are a hoot too!

      Delete