Thursday, December 1, 2022

I like Thursday (12/22)

LeeAnna of Not Afraid of Color  gave several prompt ideas for this month's "I Like Thursday." I used a few of those and also thought of a few other things that "I liked" this month.

l like making Firecrackers to have around Thanksgiving and Christmas.
I like this recipe because it's in my sister-in-law's handwriting.
I like thinking of her when I make it. 
Her firecrackers are wonderful.
She was wonderful.

l like singing this song.
Although we wouldn't have been in a horse and buggy,
it does remind me of going to my Grandma's house.

l like learning from on-line art teachers and trying
new techniques far from my own style.
This one is from a lesson by Tam at Willowing Arts.

l like having fresh herbs growing in little pots
beside the window in my kitchen.

These are rosemary and oregano.
l like this cat. 
He's equal parts in trouble or in the way
and a darling cuddle partner..
l like that each of my kids and grandkids has an updated
Amazon Wishlist.  Around Thanksgiving I set my budget,
do a lot of clicking, and Christmas shopping is done.
Then the boxes begin to arrive.
It makes me smile when the delivery guy chooses a treat.

l like going to Pilates class every
Tuesday-Thursday and yoga on Friday. 

I got a treat this week when I learned that a friend had gone
to my
FineArtAmerica site and purchased yoga mats with
my floral paintings printed on them to use as gifts for her sisters! 
How fun!  What a treat to get to see them for myself!

14 comments:

  1. Hi Helen! I've never heard of Fire Crackers and can't imagine how they'd taste. Do you use saltines? My peeps are not very adventurous as far as food goes . . . but I always try to sneak in something new every year. These sound so easy!! It's nice to have something written by someone we love. It pulls a warm memory from a special place in our heart. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My family loves them. I do the whole thing in a gallon zip-lock bag. I mix the oil, peppers, and ranch mix first then add lots of crackers to soak in all the yum. I use oyster crackers! Sometimes I mix in some of the mini-saltines or a few regular saltines. Lately, I've even put in some Cheez-its. If you go for the oyster crackers, I'd buy two bags of them.

      Delete
  2. I had forgotten about Firecrackers - yum! I might have to make some now. Your herb pots look so happy (mine would be dead). How fun that you sold some art on the Fine Art site. I have my eye on a phone case (new phones soon)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Make some! (And use oyster crackers!) I only have oregano and rosemary because apparently those don't taste good to the cat!

      Delete
  3. So many fun likes! I am now singing "Over the river and through the woods..." 😘 Fun photo of your cat in the tree! And I love your treat basket for the delivery folks, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Now reading your comment, it's going to be in my head all day too! The cat... what can I say about the cat... sigh...

      Delete
  4. Oh, yes to having presents delivered! So much less stressful than shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your delivery treat basket! If I were a delivery person I'd take a moment to pick the best one! That cat, my friend sent a pic of a pole with four branches at the very top, a cat's Christmas tree.
    the crackers sound good, and love the handwritten recipe card
    thanks for the smiles today, I sure loved them all!
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You give us a wonderful opportunity to be reminded and share the good things of the week/month.

      Delete
  6. Never heard of firecrackers, I’ve got to give them a try! You’re a kind and generous woman. Delivery people must go away from your front door with big smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you try the Firecrackers, make the whole thing in a zip-lock bag and use oyster crackers! Yum!

      Delete
  7. Hi Helen, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this post. So many great likes.I've never heard of Firecrackers...I love your princess? painting you did...how creative. I've never had any luck growing herbs but I do want to try it again. Fresh is always better. What a fantastic idea to treat the delivery folks like that. They must love visiting your house. How kind you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad if it made you smile to read it. It made me smile to write it. :)

      Delete