Tuesday, December 27, 2022

With a Quack Quack Here and a Quack Quack There...

A few years ago we were in Boston for one day.  You'd think that I would have looked for a hotel near the airport, but no.  I wanted a hotel near the Public Garden because there was really only one thing in Boston that I wanted to see.
Just a short walk across the park, and there she was...
Mrs. Mallard with her little ones:
Jack, Kack, Lack, Mack, Nack, Oack, Pack, and Quack!
Happy, happy Helen!
And there was even a real Mr. & Mrs. Mallard with babies!
A book just as sweet today as it was when it was written in 1941.
Big Mrs. Mallard followed by her 8 littles.
I painted this one in response to my weekly-ish art challenge which was "Big & Little" this time. 

Original Oil Painting on 8"x 24" Wrapped Canvas
Click "With a Quack Quack Here..." if you'd like to purchase this painting.

2 comments:

  1. That was the reason I wanted to go to the Boston Public Gardens, too, but my photo isn't nearly as cute as yours! The painting is such fun with those little balls of feathers following their mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny how a children's picture book character can trigger such an emotional response so many years later.

      Delete