Sunday, November 27, 2022

Pen & Ink Drawing - Mushrooms

I "met" Benjamin when we were assigned to be partners in a postcard art exchange a few months ago. He's an artist in The Netherlands.  I sent him a little painting and postcard. He sent me a little painting and postcard.
He offered a free on-line Pen & Ink Autumn Drawing Challenge, so I took it.

I have never been a doodler or have never enjoyed sketching or thought of myself as a drawer... But... it seems that learning drawing skills is good for me... kind of like eating vegetables.  Enjoy it if you can, but if you can't, do it anyway.

This was my first venture into pen and ink.
Ben was a good teacher, and I enjoyed learning through his lessons.
Mushrooms!  








8 comments:

  1. Looks like you had fun with these! Benjamin has a nice accent and those free online classes are tempting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been learning to take advantage of some free on-line learning. Hearing accents from around the world is just bonus!

      Delete
    2. Thinking Ben did a super job as well. Clear, concise and yes that soothing voice keeps me calm as well. So glad you tried and totally surprised yourself!!

      Delete
    3. Hmmm... Hi "Anonymous"! I guess you took the drawing class too!

      Delete
  2. Looks like a fun class! I like all of them, but the last ones with the tipped caps are especially clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking that I need to paint some mushrooms now!

      Delete
  3. You've been experimenting a lot this year...well done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have! I wonder if I'm learning and changing as an artist... or just playing... We'll see!

      Delete