Thursday, November 24, 2022

Sheila's Centerpiece


Earlier this month I had the pleasure of attending a banquet where my sister was an honoree.  Ouachita Baptist University hosted Stepping Up for Ouachita, a luncheon benefiting scholarships for women.
I was so proud of her and for her.
She serves on a board in their business school and gives a scholarship each year to a girl who is just like she was... an accounting major with no other scholarships and doesn't have straight As. I love those requirements!
Each table had one of these pretty little flower arrangements.  I don't usually... Okay, truth... I never (ever) paint from real life.  But this seemed like the time to give it a try. I think this little painting will be a lasting memory of a special special day.

One more thing... Sheila owns Welcome Home Retreat, a women's crafting retreat for quilters, scrapbookers, painters, or any other crafters.  Click HERE and look around.  You'd love a weekend there! 

Original Oil Painting on 8"x 8" wrapped Canvas
[GIFT]

6 comments:

  1. That is a pretty composition, and I'll bet it was a cheerful project to work on in your studio! Looks like a fun retreat center, too! Congrats to your sister; what a neat thing for her to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendy. It was indeed a cheerful project to work on. And, yes, her retreat center is wonderful.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful remembrance of your sister's honor! I love her scholarship's requirements too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I love those requirements! Don't you know that the "powers-that-be" had their eyes wide in shock with the third one!

      Delete
  3. This is such a nice post on so many levels. It's wonderful that she will have a painting as a memento. And wonderful to gift scholarships with those requirements!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope so. And, yes the requirements are my favorite!

      Delete