Saturday, November 5, 2022

A Sister's Gift (Muted Palette)

I've been away from the easel for far too long. (Sometimes real-life creeps in and takes over all the creative space on the calendar.) It felt so good to sit back down in front of a big blank canvas.

This image might look familiar, but the first versions were small enough to hold in your hand at just 6"x 12". 


This time I super-sized it!
It also has a completely different vibe with its muted color palette.

(How about all those leaves behind me! Hello, Autumn!)

This painting was done on request of my daughter-in-law and will hang in our little Margo's room.  She'll arrive in a few short weeks and will have something pretty waiting for her above her crib.
Three years ago, her brother got a fun dinosaur painting on 5 big canvases.
Last year, her sister got a sweet animal triptych for her nursery.
Now, Margo will have pretty flowers in bottles to look at on her wall. (To tell the truth, I wouldn't mind having this one on my own wall!)

Original Oil Painting on 18"x 36" Museum Wrapped Canvas
[GIFT]


6 comments:

  1. So fun to see the painting finished! Autumn really came in, didn't it?! Did you have all the rain and storms there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes a while to decide that when it's time for the final paint stroke on a big one with so many parts.
      We've had every weather in the last couple of weeks... hot/cold, windy/still, rainy/sunny.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! Gave me a little chuckle too...your idea of a muted palette is quite different from mine...lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grin... You're right... it's just a shade more muted than the originals.

      Delete
  3. This painting is so delightful, that is the word that comes to mind when I see it. How nice to be able to commission a painting from grandma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it delightful! Some people have such clever ideas. I love that I'll see it when I visit.

      Delete