Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Red Panda


Well, hey there! Aren't you a cutie!

This little guy is actually supposed to have been done in watercolor.  I'm taking a Wildlife Watercolor class with Tamara Laporte. I really liked this one, and I had a couple of reasons for wanting to do him well.

Reading between the lines, "do him well" might imply that he wouldn't have looked very good if I'd done him in watercolor.  That would be correct. I'm trying, but I'm not good at it. Am I having fun though? Hmmm... good question... Fun? Well, I'm learning,  I'm committed to do 8 lessons, and I'm being challenged.

A friend's favorite animal is the red panda, so she'll get a surprise for her birthday next week.
Also my weekly-ish challenge was "Unique Creature" so that worked out. 

Oil Painting on 8"x 10" Wrapped Canvas
[GIFT] 

6 comments:

  1. Not embracing the watercolor yet, eh? Cute red panda - I'm sure your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Embracing?... Hmmm... I'm getting to like it better, but embracing... like full-on hug-it-it's-so-great embracing... maybe no.

      Delete
  2. I've never seen a red panda - very attractive! My favorite paintings are watercolor, but the one time I tried was very discouraging. It was messy and I couldn't control it - lol! I'll leave the painting to you my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that! I watch the teacher do it so effortlessly and beautifully, and then I follow. She says, "It's just so relaxing to paint like this!" And, I'm thinking, "No! It's stressful!" Ha ha ha. I'm getting better though.

      Delete
  3. what a fine gift! She'll love it!
    Tamara puts life into all her creatures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really does! I love her teaching style.

      Delete