Sunday, June 25, 2023

Watercolor Wildlife

Never say never...
I never thought I'd even try painting with watercolor.
I never thought I'd get the hang of how painting with watercolor works. 
I never thought I'd start to enjoy painting with watercolor.
I never thought I'd want to do more painting with watercolor.
And yet...
I signed up for Watercolor Wildlife with Tamara Laporte of Willowing Arts. She's such a good teacher, and I learned so much. I got better and better... And liked doing it more and more... Amazing what lessons and practice will do...

All of the following have been done in the last 3 months.  The first 8 were from her Watercolor Wildlife lessons.  The last 4 were from lessons she did in other places (Sketchbook Revival tempter session, Kaleidoscope taster session, Life Book 2023 session) 













6 comments:

  1. Well, look at you go! My favorites are the sea turtle and the cat (of course). Never say never is right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sea turtle (and the corgi) were the last two I did. You can tell that I'd learned and improved.

      Delete
  2. oh my gosh what a gallery this is... I love lots of them but the rabbit may be my favorite. Majestic. The turtle is so pretty, the corgi! adorable. I tried to do the peacock but lost interest too quickly... love Tamara as a teacher
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I learned so much and got so much better. I don't know if I'm ready to let go and paint something on my own though!

      Delete
  3. Looks like you have hit your groove in watercolor! So glad you opened your mind to it - it's spectacular! I LOVE the turtles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm not sure it's "my groove" quite yet, but I think I've gotten better and actually have started enjoying the process. I think about 6-7 paintings in, I was sure that would never happen. By about 10-12, I realized that I was smiling instead of furrowing my brow!

      Delete