Friday, June 21, 2024

Cattle Waiting Patiently

Pretty little heifers... just waiting...
I always think cows look so patient.
What do you suppose these little cows are waiting for? Or are they just curious about the guy taking their picture.  My friend Glen snapped their photo and posted it on Facebook.  When I saw it, I stopped scrolling and knew I wanted to put them on canvas.

My dad was the high school agriculture teacher in my hometown.  I remember hanging around his classroom when I was a kid. There was a big wall hanging showing all the breeds of cows, kind of like how other classrooms would have world maps.  I would look at all those different kinds of cows and wish he'd bring home a blonde one or a spotted one or a white one or an Oreo striped one the next time he went to the sale barn.
But, no. We only had boring old black angus cattle. Sometimes we'd have some hereford or some black baldies, but never one of what I thought were fancy cows.
I thought these five pretty little blond cows were just fancy enough for a painting.

My Weekly-ish Painting Challenge this week was "Cattle," so that worked out perfectly.

Original Oil Painting on 10"x 20" Wrapped Canvas
Click Cattle Waiting Patiently if you'd like to purchase this painting.

4 comments:

  1. What a restful piece of art. They are just so chill, munching away. My uncle was a photographer for a cattle company, I remember seeing loads of photos of herefords.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is restful, isn't it. Just chewing their cud and watching the day go by.

      Delete
  2. Those little heifers (my SIL used to refer to naughty women with that phrase) are so pretty! How cool your Dad taught ag. Isn't it amazing how posters we saw frequently during our childhood stayed with us?

    My daughter gifted me with one of my favorite paintings with lovely Belted Galloway cows in it - by Peter Sculthorpe called In From The Fields.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that an "oreo cow" ? ha ha. That was a fancy one we never had. :)

      Delete