Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Just a Tree in a Field (#700)

Painting #700

It just looks like a storybook tree in a field, doesn't it. Well, that's exactly what it is.  
It's a tree that I see every single day when I leave my driveway or walk up to the mailbox. True, I did use my artistic license a bit, but not much.  It's a fabulous view and a fabulous tree.

I try to do something special at each #Hundred, so when my friend and art mentor said that our next Weekly-ish challenge was "Summer Landscape," I knew this was the one.  You see, a tree in a field has some history for me.

  My very first painting ever, February 22, 2007.
It was just a tree in a field, but I was so very proud of it!
Painting #001
 I did this painting on my 10th Paint-iversary, February 22, 2017
It was just a tree in a field, and it was exactly what I wanted it to be.
Painting #346.

It's kind of perfect, isn't it.  Oh, I know, there's a power line and a paved road, but I feel the need to snap a photo of it all the time.  
If you zoom in and look closely at this one, you'll see a difference.  Someone started building a new home back in that field behind the tree.  Sigh... oh, well, maybe they'll be great neighbors. I have plenty of "before" photos of that tree, and that's what an artistic license is for anyway.  I hope the new owners are lazy about mowing the Queen Anne's Lace and other wildflowers that grow in the ditch outside the fence.  The butterflies and I love it.

Original Oil Painting on 9"x 12" Wrapped Canvas
[Not for Sale at this time... I think I need to enjoy it on my own wall.]

4 comments:

  1. So fun to see your progression of work, Helen! There is a tree in a field not far from here, too, that I always think should be photographed during each season. I think it would be a cool grouping on a wall, if I had the photographic (or artistic) skills!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's see if I can help you with those photographic and artistic skills. First find your favorite spot to view it and stand there. Second, open the camera app on your phone, hold it up, and snap. Then, repeat those steps each week or month. Ta-da! There ya' go!

      Delete
  2. Your tree is magnificent, real life and painted. It's really big! Like you I'd be doing my best to look at the neighbors in a positive light, in spite of the fact they are intruding on the view of the tree. At least it is a pretty house. Hope they don't disappoint. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's huge! And, I think they're pretty nice people. It's okay. :)

      Delete