Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sunday Morning

Sunday morning holds a special place in the week.

When I was growing up, my mother made waffles for breakfast every single Sunday morning. She'd whip up the batter and pour it onto the hot waffle iron. Each of us liked our waffles a certain way - crispy, lightly browned, or barely past white. I liked mine barely past white. First I'd spread them with butter, taking care to make sure a little butter got into every single square. Then came the syrup; at our house it was chocolate syrup. Yes, chocolate. I didn't know that was odd until I became an adult and realized there were people who used something runny called maple syrup!

So, what does my Sunday morning breakfast menu have to do with this still life? The little brown teapot! The chocolate syrup was always served in a little brown teapot just like this one. I call it a teapot, but I'm pretty sure it never held a drop of tea.

This painting was also featured in an Etsy treasury - a collection of unique vintage and artistic pieces celebrating teapots called The Comfort of a Cup of Tea.

Original Oil Painting on 11" x 14" Wrapped Canvas

[SOLD]

No comments:

Post a Comment