Friday, August 24, 2018

Buffalo River


"America's First National River: Established in 1972, Buffalo National River flows freely for 135 miles and is one of the few remaining undammed rivers in the lower 48 states. Once you arrive, prepare to journey from running rapids to quiet pools while surrounded by massive bluffs as you cruise through the Ozark Mountains down to the White River." Those are the words from the National Park Service.

"This is my happy place, the place I love to be." Those are the words my friend used when he showed me the image on his phone and told me he wanted me to paint it.


This gives you a little perspective about its size.

Original Oil Painting on 24"x 48" Wrapped Canvas
[SOLD]

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm glad you included the perspective shot; it's BIG! Looks like my kind of happy place too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I wanted to show its size rather than just say 24"x 48".
      The Buffalo River is a place that Arkansans are very proud of. Lots of people go "float the Buffalo" on weekends.
      Stay tuned... I've got another painting of the same river coming up.

      Delete
  2. You just did an AWSOME job. If I was younger I would have to give it a try. Too bad we didn’t have time and money when younger and work when we are old and broke. N down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I haven't floated in a canoe in years. Working on these paintings kind of makes me want to go.

      Delete