Friday, January 24, 2020

Pearl, the Pretty White Cow


On Christmas Day, we went on a cattle drive... Well, on a drive to look for some friendly cows that might like to pose for my camera.

We didn't have to drive long before the the paved roads became dirt roads. Things that you see on country roads are so interesting.  You just never know what will be around the next curve or over the next hill.

These girls were curious and friendly and came right over to the fence. They were just what I wanted, but I'm pretty sure I was was a big disappointment to them... standing there talking to them, taking their picture with out a bit of feed or hay to offer.  

This was the perfect little herd.  They weren't afraid to come close, and there were several different kinds and colors.  That tan one on the right...She may end up on a canvas some day, but she'll have to wait her turn. I loved this white one with the pink nose and pink ears. Let's call her Pearl.

Cows are really huge.  If you haven't hung around with any lately, you forget how really big they are.  I thought Pearl deserved to be on a great big canvas. 

I'm sure the mailman wondered what ridiculous thing I was up to... chickens running around my feet, wearing pajama pants and a heavy coat, holding up a big cow picture and smiling for the camera on the porch rail, running back and forth checking to see if I got the whole painting in the shot but not the pajama pants or chickens... and what's up with all that gray hair?? In my mind, it's brown with some gray sprinkled in.

Original Oil Painting on 20"x 20" Wrapped Canvas
Click  Pearl, the Pretty White Cow if you'd like to purchase this painting.

5 comments:

  1. I love cow paintings! I often think I'd like one hanging over our mantle...not your typical suburban artwork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I think everybody needs a cow painting on a wall somewhere. They just have that "be patient" presence about them!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pearl turned out beautifully!! Cows can be wonderful and sweet, but just like people, some are stinkers!! I live on a farm and have encountered both kinds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth! They do have a patient look and calming effect, but they also get out of the fence on Thanksgiving Day or Sunday morning!!
      I look forward to heading over to your blog and getting to know you! :)

      Delete