Monday, January 6, 2020

Sentimental Stargazer Lilies


Stargazer Lilies will always remind me of my momma.  She had a long row of flowers that she loved... irises, day lilies, tiger lilies... One year I bought her a pot of blooming stargazer lilies for Mother's Day.  After they finished flowering inside, she replanted them into her row, and they bloomed again every year.  We dug those stargazer lilies up when they moved to Northwest Arkansas and replanted them beside the porch where she continued to enjoy their beautiful pink blooms each summer.  

This particular stargazer grew in my own flower bed.

I painted this as part of  January's Inspiration Collaboration.  As soon as I saw Sara's Inspiration Image and read about how this Christmas cactus was a reminder of her mother, I knew exactly what my response painting would be.

Anyone is welcome to join in this creative community... painters, quilters, photographers, potters, poets... Click HERE and have a look. Maybe you'll be inspired to collaborate with us! And click HERE to see the reveal page. Maybe you can add something you've been inspired to create!  I hope you do!


Pounce always "helps" when I
 photograph my paintings
.


Original Oil Painting on 6"x 12" Wrapped Canvas
[SOLD]

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! A beautiful kick off for the Inspiration Collaboration project!

    ReplyDelete