Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Tiger Lilies


If you've followed me for a while, you might be thinking... Really? Another lily?  Well, yes... another lily. I don't know how many I've painted, but I like them all! Click HERE to see a few.

I know, I know there dozens of other kinds of flowers to choose from.  But... I do love a good day lily... or tiger lily... or stargazer lily...  That alone should be enough reason to paint yet another one.

There is another reason I've been practicing orange lilies though.   In a few weeks my painting partner, Julie, and I are going to teach another class for senior citizens, "Oil Painting for Beginners - Floral."  We loved doing it so much the first two times that we decided to do it again. First we did an apple. Then we did a bluebird. Next we'll do a single tiger lily I'm just painting a few different examples for them to have as inspiration... different backgrounds, different leaf styles... 

Also I'm doing them to be sure I'm confident enough to teach someone else how to paint one!

Original Oil Painting on 8"x 10" Wrapped Canvas
[SOLD]

4 comments:

  1. I love lilies as well!! They are beautiful. I hope you can take pictures of the class you teach and share their art with us as well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely will! Students are students... whether 10 years old or 80! They wrinkle their brows when they are frustrated with something new and there's a twinkle in their eyes when they're proud of their finished work. :)

      Delete
  2. Tiger lilies remind me of growing up. We always had them in one of our flower gardens. I always liked the bright orange colors of the blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm... Me too!
      Tiger lilies say,"June!" and "Home!"

      Delete