Sunday, June 14, 2020

Red Flowers in the Fence Row


I know that red and green have been claimed by the Christmas season, but I think red and green are the sign that summer has arrived!




There's a tradition at the Eaton house when the first tomato ripens. 
It's a special meal consisting of the exact same thing every year:

  • Wonder bread
  • Original Black Label bacon
  • Ripe garden tomato
  • Kraft onion dip
  • Ruffles potato chips
  • Sonic Coke

Original Oil Painting on 9"x 12" Wrapped Canvas
Click Red Flowers in the Fence Row if you'd like to purchase this little painting.

4 comments:

  1. Not just any old Coke, but a Sonic coke? I've never eaten at Sonic, so you'll have to fill me in. Now I'm hungry for a BLT. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! We call them a TBT (Tomato-Bacon-Tomato, who needs lettuce!)
      Oh, how sad I am for you that you don't have Sonic! In the South there's pretty much a Sonic in every section of every town. Their food is just regular fast food stuff, but they must do something secret and special in their drinks. I think it's the ice! If you ever travel to a state that has one, you must get a drink... and think of me!

      Delete
  2. red and green are such beautiful colors for the barn and landscape.
    Its an amazing piece, Helen.... and the tomatoes look so juicy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! But... I do wonder if any real farmer would have such a pretty and tidy little farm... no farm equipment sitting around, no patches of grass wallowed away... Ahh... but maybe that's why it's a better painting than a real-life photograph! :)

      Delete