Sunday, June 21, 2020

Waiting Patiently


Every once in a while, I come across an image that I know I want to paint.
This was one of those.

It's such pretty group of cows and their calves patiently waiting.  
     Waiting for their farmer to come with feed...  
          Waiting for the sun to go down... 
               Waiting for the lady with the camera to go away...

I doubt anyone has ever used "patient" to describe me, but I do try to be. It's in my nature to move at a fast pace, to get the job done, to begin right now.  Since businesses, churches, and activities have been closed, however, life has moved at a slower pace. 

Maybe these pretty white cows can be a reminder.
     Slow down...  Take it easy...  Chew your cud and enjoy the wait...

Thanks to Sara Harley - Image Maker for letting me paint her photo. (And, yes, I know there was actually another little calf behind the big cow, but only his back end and tail showed! Maybe he was shy.) 


Original Oil Painting on 14"x 18" Wrapped Canvas.
Click Waiting Patiently if you'd like to purchase this painting. But... know that I'll be a little sad if you do since I look forward to having it hang on my own wall for a while. 😉

6 comments:

  1. We were just talking about this same idea the other day. We're finding that since the quarantine, we are liking the quieter pace of things. We like that we don't eat out as much, or go shopping. I've become almost more of a hermit than I was before - ha! I notice more things - like seeing 4 white egrets in a slough this morning as I was driving. Wanted a photo, but the highway was too busy to stop. Go figure. I like the painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this comment. I could have written every line of it myself... except for the "egrets in the slough" part. I'd have to say "owl in the trees."

      Delete
  2. I love that my photograph said something to you, and that a beautiful painting has been created based on that photo! Who knew that a photo taken in 2016 would end up as a painting in 2020. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just can never plan where and when inspiration will strike! ;)

      Delete
  3. Love this post, Helen. So true...basically stop and smell the roses!!!
    I really love the cows..they look like they were posing for you. they are such great subjects, and you painted them perfectly. I just finished a painting which I still didn't post of sheep in a meadow. I took the reference photo in Delaware where my friend lives about a year ago. I've been going over your blog...VERY interesting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Hilda. And, I always look forward to seeing each of your new paintings as you post them. I'm always in awe of how beautifully you paint hair. I look forward to seeing your sheep in the meadow.

      Delete