Sunday, October 18, 2020

A Rainbow Worth Stopping For

You're driving down the road or highway when suddenly you pull onto the shoulder or roadside and slam on the brakes... 

How many reasons can you think of that would cause that scenario?
(Someone's carsick... you have a flat tire... there's an funeral procession...  your check engine light comes on... you're lost... you hit something... there are blue lights in the rear view mirror...
No, no, those are all negative  . How many positive reasons can you think of that would cause you to stop on the side of the road? None?
I have one.
Seeing a gorgeous rainbow that fills the sky is worth stopping the car just to get a better look.
That's what happened with this one.  A few years ago I was on the way home from my parents' house when I came around the corner and this beautiful rainbow stretched across the sky in front of me.
If you look closely, you'll see the rainbow's reflection in the cow pond.  You can also see a bit of the reflection in the windshield of my car in the bottom corner or the photo.

Original Oil Painting on 9"x 12" Wrapped Canvas
Click A Rainbow if you'd like to purchase this painting.

2 comments:

  1. Rainbows are amazing things and full of promise. The one thing that made me stop (not pull over) - one morning I was driving into town. While driving down a hill, I noticed a mature eagle swooping down on the other side of the road. He was eyeing some roadkill, and swooped down to pick it up. I was stunned; then I realized I had stopped the car in the lane at the bottom of a hill - haha. Thankfully there were no cars coming behind me.

    ReplyDelete