Monday, October 12, 2020

Fall Chicks

Just a few chick-pics to make you smile.

I had a couple of broody hens that just would not give up.  In the end, I gave in to them and got them some babies. (Or, maybe I should say that Ron gave in to me... and let me get them some babies.)

From two different farmers, we got some day-old chicks, waited until after dark, then slipped them under their new mamas. We had happy chick families the next morning!

These two are Ameraucanas,
so I'm hoping for blue eggs one day!  
(Look closely, you'll see them.)
The other farmer said these three were a day old,
Hmph... They got fluffy pretty quickly.
That farmer also said these were Easter Eggers,
but I'm not completely convinced.  We'll see.
Dolly's such a good mama hen.
These tiny littles blend in with the ground.  I have to be careful!
I just love seeing a yard full of colorful chickens.

2 comments: