Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Basket of Peaches (Mini)

Advice of the day: Never buy peaches unless they smell peachy.  
I look forward to the middle of summer when they're the perfect combination of sweet-tangy and softly-firm. 

This is a mini-version of a Basket of Peaches that I painted before.  I did this little one for the art exchange group that I'm a part of. There are a dozen or so members that are from a few different countries and a few different states in the U.S.  Most of the members are people I know nothing about, but this quarter I was paired with NelviaI can't for the life of me remember exactly how Nelvia and I became connected, but we've enjoyed a blog-friendship for a long time. Now we have a piece of each other's artwork!

Original Oil Painting on 5"x 7" Canvas Board
[GIFT - Artist Exchange]

2 comments:

  1. How fun that you were paired with someone you knew this time around! Nice painting; I can smell those peaches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the first time I've ever been a part of an art exchange. It's only once a quarter, so I can look forward it instead of stressing over keeping up.

      Delete