Thursday, April 14, 2022

The Merry House (Our Fixer Upper - final update)

A finishing touches...

Click HERE for the first 11/4 post.
Click HERE for the 1/16 update.
Click HERE for the 3/1 update.

Yes, we finished our fixer upper.
Yes, it took 205 days and 800+ hours of work
Yes, we had a good time with it, worked hard, and learned so much.

The path is well worn from our front door, across the yard, through the strip of woods, and up to our project. We are ready for a rest and for someone to move into it.

I'll post The Big Reveal next. 
For now, her are some photos from our final few weeks.




































6 comments:

  1. Lots and lots of work, but it's done! Yay! I cannot wait to see the final reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks great... especially that lovely front door color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've no idea how much I love this comment! I fought for that teal door. When the vote was 4 for black and one (husband) whose vote was "whatever you like," I decided to give in and paint it black. Then something snapped inside and I put my brush in the teal! I'm so glad I did!

      Delete
  3. Great job! And such a lot of work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much work indeed! You know, those shows on HGTV seem to be able to finish a house in a few days. Ha! Don't let that fool you!

      Delete