Sunday, January 16, 2022

The Merry House (Our Fixer Upper) Update 1/16

It's been a couple of months since I've given an update.
Click HERE if you need a reminder of how it started.

Yes, we're still working on our fixer upper.
Yes, we're still having a good time with it.
Yes, it's hard work.
Yes, we're learning a lot.
Yes, it's taking a lot of time.
No, it's not finished.

We've made a lot of trips out our front door, across the yard, through the strip of woods, and up to our project.

We've grown to love The Merry House and are proud of it.
































6 comments:

  1. Ah yes, the joy of renovating! Brings back memories, although the snakeskin gave me pause . . . have you had any time to draw? Been wondering how that's going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a joy... and it's exhausting and frustrating. I'm hoping that the snake shed his skin in the attic 40 years ago and not recently... ugh... I just can't let myself imagine...
      Yep. I've been faithful to do a drawing every day so far.

      Delete
  2. it's looking fantastic! well, maybe not the snake skin...lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! My brother keeps saying, "We've really turned a corner with this step." Sigh... how many corners are there!!!
      And the snake... Aaahhhh!!!! I. Can't. Even. My brother was supposed to be feeding a wire down from the attic, but he sent this down through the hole! [insert a shiver]

      Delete
  3. Bet you found some new art supplies and tools doing this. You guys, you are just so brave to jump in and take this on and when completed, have created so many memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, you know I've painted a LOT... just that it's on walls instead of canvases and there's not much varying of color!

      Delete