I've never been a very good new year's resolution maker. Some of my art friends are very systematic with their intentions for the year. Perhaps I should put some thought into mine. When I was in the classroom, I had a poster on the wall that said, "A Goal Without A Plan Is Just A Wish." With that in mind, we'll see if I can turn these wishes into goals...
- I wish I could draw better.
- I commit to Forty by February. (That's one sketch or drawing each day in January plus the ones I did at the end of December for the drawing class I participated in.)
- I wish I would paint in a more loose style.
- I will use the palette knife for a painting each month.
- I wish I would sell more paintings.
- Maybe this one's still a wish, but I'm off to a good start since this one sold already and the one on the easel is a commission piece. That's 100% so far in 2022!
Original Oil Painting on 8"x 10" Wrapped Canvas