Sunday, January 23, 2022

Still Beach Lovers (10 Years Later) Kauai 2021

Does this look familiar?
Different ocean...
Different decade...
Same girls...
I've seen photos where families recreate a pose from a childhood photo.  These lovely young ladies recreated their pose from the painting I did a few months ago. 
Their grandmother asked me to paint the first one as a surprise for their father's Christmas.  I'm not sure who this new one is for.
Thank you, Helen, for agreeing to create a before and after
image of Lily and Annabel at age 4 & 5 and then 14 & 15. They learned to love sandy beaches and blue oceans on east coast vacations in the early years. A recent trip to Kauai as teenagers strengthened their belief that they'll always be beach lovers! Once again, you've created a lasting memory with your artwork! Thanks so much for sharing your time and talents!  
Cheri 🍒

Wouldn't it be fun if she asks me to paint it again when they're 24 & 25!

It's interesting that two of the most important mentors in my life have been named Cheri.  Cheri W, my art mentor, and Cheri O, my writing/teaching mentor.

Cheri loves the process, so I made a little 45-second video to show how it all came together. Enjoy!


Original Oil Painting on 12"x 16" Wrapped Canvas
[SOLD]

2 comments: