Saturday, August 13, 2022

Little White Church in Autumn

Painting with a palette knife is such an experiment every single time... every smear of paint onto the canvas.
This Little White Church also challenged me to experiment in color.  I loved the church in the reference photo, but it was set in a winter scene.  I wanted an autumn setting, so I had to make colors and scenery up throughout the process. 
Because I most often think on the left side of my brain, I'm never too comfortable at making things up.  I think I'm pleased with the final result. I do keep looking back to make sure though.

This painting was my response to my weekly-ish challenge with my art mentor.  The challenge was "Little White Church."

**Thanks to Sara Harley for letting me use her photo as a reference.

Original Oil Painting on 11"x 14" Wrapped Canvas
Click Little White Church if you'd like to purchase this painting.
 

4 comments:

  1. This one is fun, too! My favorite is the winter one, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always so fun to see what you create based on my photographs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always so fun to get to create based on your photographs!

      Delete