Saturday, September 3, 2022

Lemon Pie

 
I know it's weird, but here's a secret about me... I am not a pie lover.
There. 
I said it.

Apple pie, blueberry pie, blackberry cobbler, peach cobbler, cherry pie... No, thank you.  I'd rather have my fruit fresh.
Chocolate pie, lemon pie... No, thank you.  If one of these is at my place setting, I'll pick at it.
Pecan pie... No, thank you. I like the taste, but I have kind of an allergic reaction to pecans.
Mince pie, sweet potato pie, pumpkin pie... No, thank you. Yuck... I mean, I don't care for any.

However...
Key lime pie... Yes, please.
Coconut pie... Yes please.

My weekly-ish painting challenge this week was "A Whole with Parts."   Any way you slice it, a pie is a whole with parts!

Original Oil Painting on 8"x 10" Canvas Board in Vintage Wood Frame
[SOLD]

8 comments:

  1. Well, I'm with you on the pie thing. I can be persuaded with a chocolate pie, no thank you to pretty much any fruit pie, although I do like a slice of lemon pie now and then, if it's my grandmother's recipe :-) but key lime - oh yes, please! And pumpkin? Um, no.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom's favorite pie was lemon meringue - she would have loved this! Oh my gosh you and Wendy! Pie is my middle name. ;) I was raised on my grandmother's flaky crusted pies and cobblers, and I loved the crust so much I would eat the filling first. My Daddy, when asked his favorite pie, always replied "hot or cold", and I feel the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! You can have two servings of pie! Just dip me a bowl of ice cream!

      Delete
  3. Well I love pie! Not mincemeat and meh on pumpkin but pretty much any other kind, as well as quiche, yum! I am amazed at how lifelike this painting is—I can almost smell that meringue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just swished big blobs of paint around with the brush like you might swish meringue around with a knife!
      You take an extra slice of pie, and I'll take the ice cream that was supposed to have on top of your pie!

      Delete
  4. I'm not a big pie fan either (unlike my husband, who could eat pies all day) but I do love Key Lime. The mix of tart and sweet is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more! I'll have two pieces of key lime please!

      Delete